Today we will talk about how to avoid mistakes in the exam paper, how to properly prepare for the exam, and write a perfect paper.
Tips for writing an exam paper
Perhaps this is one of the most difficult tasks. There are three main tips to pay attention to:
- Style of writing. In this task, the text is presented in a report format, so its style should be formal. Do not use catchphrases, informal verbs, and openly express your attitude, except for a single paragraph where necessary. Avoid abbreviations and slang words. Pay special attention to linking words.
- Try to focus on templates for finished essays. Most of your work is already thought up. You can order samples from the Canadian essay writing service – ca.essayshark.com. By doing this, you will see how to write papers correctly and be prepared for the exam.
- Divide your text into paragraphs. Here, the examinees should not have any difficulties since they already have a plan for the text from the assignment.
Mistakes to avoid while writing an exam paper
Often students make the following mistakes:
- The phrase “I gathered the data” is used. It is not advisable to use such a phrase because, in fact, the data were not collected by them but by the compilers of the examination paper.
- Wrong ending. Here you should state only your own thoughts.
- Grammar errors when writing. You should proofread and edit your exam paper after finishing it.
If you want to avoid common mistakes while writing your exam paper, you need to get a paper example. A research paper writer will write it for you. You will know how to structure your paper, format it and express your thoughts in the correct way.
How to prepare for the exam
Remember that properly planned preparation is your way to a high result. You need to:
- Familiarize yourself with the recommendations on the college or university website regarding each of the tasks of the examination paper.
- Learn some of the patterns you will need when doing the writing part.
- Practice often, if possible, study with a tutor.
Often, during the exam, students are given the task of literary analysis. To write an essay and get the maximum points for it, you need to upgrade your skills in analyzing literary works.
Here are some tips that can help you with this:
The more works you read, the more you will broaden your horizons and develop observation.
You will learn to understand literary devices, follow the development of the plot and characters, and form your own attitude to the main theme and problem. Learn more about the benefits of reading.
Analyze literary texts
After reading, practice identifying the main themes, motifs, symbols, and images in literary works. Study the structure of the works, the author’s argumentation, and their writing style.
Look for the main thing
Choose key quotes from each piece. They will help you learn how to quickly find examples for argumentation in an essay.
Practice, practice, and more practice! To learn how to write essays, you need to practice a lot. Learn to work on the structure of the essay, build the logic of reasoning, select arguments, and use quotes in your texts.
Ask to check your paper
Without feedback, it will be difficult to understand what is wrong with the essay. Parents,
teachers, and tutors can help sort it out.
What options are there?
If you want to insure yourself a little but do not want to pay for full courses, there are compromise options: one-time consultations and short intensive courses.
- One-time consultations. With the help of a good tutor, it is easier to figure it out how to deal with exam writing at the start. They will diagnose, that is, they will ask you to do the paper on the model of the examination, comment on the results and give advice on preparation. A tutor will help you to prepare, taking into account weaknesses. One or two meetings are enough for this. In the process, you can always turn to a specialist again if a topic seems too complicated.
- Intensives. Usually, they are held during winter or spring break. These are the same group classes, but not for an hour and a half, as usual, but for five or more hours a day for five days in a row. They are organized by educational institutions and some experienced tutors working with groups.
Preparation for the exam should be systematic and regular. Open the demo or any option on the official site of your school, complete the test, write an essay, and then evaluate the result and make a work plan for each month.
It is very important to keep track of your results. This can be helped by test exams at school – a kind of rehearsal for a real exam, which is held throughout the year. From time to time, you can arrange diagnostics yourself: do full work, trying not to use anything, and not go out for the official exam time. If you need to remember how to evaluate an essay, the criteria are on the official site of your school, college, or university.